by Cyndi Howells
National Genealogical Society Guides
Planting Your Family Tree Online is designed to take you step-by-step through the process of
creating a genealogy Web site.
When people begin their genealogical adventure, they usually interview elderly members of the family and contact other family members. The next step is usually one of organization of the information collected. The third step is usually to share this information with other family members, traditionally by publishing research in a book. However, a family Web site has numerous advantages:
- It is interactive so others can contribute their stories and pictures.
- It will help you find long-lost relatives.
- It is an ideal way to preserve research for the entire family.
- It will break down the walls that have stumped you in your research.
- It recognizes that family research is an ongoing process,
- ISBN 13: 9781401600228
- ISBN 10: 1401600220
- Publisher: Rutledge Hill Press
- Language: English
- Pages: 272