I have my whole family tree uploaded at Ancestry.com. It is a great place to do research, find family stories, but also to get into contact with family members.
I was recently contacted by a fellow researcher who had information about my maternal grandmother and her family.
She turned out to be my second cousin (our mothers were first cousins) – what a great find.She send me a picture of my great-grandparents. It is always great to put some faces with the names, and I definitely recognized my grandmother in one the pictures. So thank you Anneke Westerhuis-Jager.
In my box of “Unknowns” I had another picture in which I only recognized my Beppe, but all other people in the picture were unknown to me. So I send Anneke a picture, and she told me that she had the same picture, and she knew the names of mostly everyone in the picture.
1. Baukje Hoekstra, your grandmother
2. Jantje Bakker married to Martinus Hoekstra
3. Martinus Hoekstra (Youngest brother of your grandmother)
4. Froukje Hoekstra (sister of your grandmother
5. Jan Heins
6. Griet van der Woud(e) married to Taeke Hoekstra
7. Teake Hoekstra (brother of your grandmother)
8. Jitske Heins
9. Gabe Postma